The Ulverston Tourist Information website “Visit Ulverston”, is wholly created, owned and operated by Ulverston Ltd. We are an official partner of Ulverston Town Council.
What we do
We actively promote and support tourism and leisure activities in the Ulverston area.
- Visit Ulverston is independently owned and completely self-financing,
- we cover a large area around Ulverston as well as the town itself,
- we provide free advertising for charities and non-profit organisations,
- we provide free calendar entries for local events and festivals,
- we provide free holiday accommodation listings,
- we publish the ULVERSTON.NEWS fortnightly e-newsletter.
In 2016 we completed a major update of our accommodation database. In 2017 we plan to create a brand new eating out database, listing quality establishments from Dalton-in-Furness to the southern ends of Coniston and Windermere.
A brief history
In 2010, Ulverston Town Council expressed a desire for a single consolidated tourism website which would be self-supporting. In 2013, by agreement with Ulverston Town Council and Ulverston Community Partnership, Ulverston Ltd purchased a range of domain names, and invested in visitulverston.com as Ulverston’s new official tourist information website. Visit Ulverston replaced the following websites:
Visit Ulverston now attracts over 1 million page views per month. We welcome all feedback, and aim to continuously improve.
For event & venue publicity, and other business-related enquiries only, contact us as follows:
- Managing Director: Neil Fleming
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @visitulverston
- Facebook: ulverston.cumbria
Ulverston Ltd is registered in England, company number 8783135. Ulverston Ltd is authorised via the ICO Data Protection Register, reference ZA045005, to process personal information relating to the provision of tourist information, surveys, events ticketing & management.
Neil Fleming is an authorised Visit Britain Agent. Ulverston Ltd is a member of the Federation for Small Businesses, and is proud to be a corporate partner of Friends of the Lake District.